20110605-Patsy Burkins tells us about Summer Institute


Ms Patsy Burkins  - of the  First Baptist Church-West and the Clara H Jones Summer Institute

Hi  Patsy

First, thank you for your enthusiastic presentation today to our Ownbey Sunday School Class. We enjoyed you,  your visit,  and  your message.

Second, I have been able to get your video on line. I have a limit of ten minutes on Smugmug , and I am sorry but I arbitrarily cut off  5 minutes in the middle  to get it to a little less than 10 minutes.
I later will try to get the whole thing on and will let you know if I am successful. I am still editing the postings and links; feel free to tell me if you see any bugs. Also let me know if any info or pictures need removal.

Here is the link to our Blog. When you get to the Blog, go to the posting for today, June 5, 2011 for info, videos, links, and photos.

http://ownbeyss.blogspot.com/

Click here for 2011 Presentation
Click Here
for 2009 Presentation

Click Here for 2011 Blog
Click Here for 2009 Blog
We enjoyed having you and thank you for the job you and your staff do.
don

-------------------------------------------




We had a presentation today with Audio Visuals from Patsy Burkins from the First Baptist Church-West and the Clara H. Jones Summer Institute. We have contributed to that organization in the past. Carol Douglas is an active supporter. Patsy mixed her talk with a video. We have a video on line above and her comments and pictures on line at links below. We enjoyed her enthusiastic presentation. Thanks Patsy.

We learned that Cal's son in law has had without warning sudden kidney failure in the last day or so. Carol D is still in the hospital and doing better, was looking forward to breakfast when Don H visited earlier in the day. Appreciation was expressed to Durward (in his absence) for the successful visit to the Bechtler Museum; and lunch last week. Harriette was running another Marathon as we talked in Arizona with her two sons. We were reminded of the 6 pm gathering at the Charlotte Cafe Wednesday June 8. There were several contributions for Helping Hands Honorariums today.

Please let me know any Class Notes I missed.

Also let me know if pictures or audio need removal from the Internet
http://donredding.com/audio/20110605-0947-ss-patsy-8281kn-34min.mp3

Future Lessons:
June 5th-Gaston Gage, June 12th-Sydnor Thompson, June 19th (Father's Day)-Jim Hatfield, June 26th-Cal Chesson
July 3d  --   our annual POETRY lesson,  led by Bob Lumadue and Don Hammer
July 10th-Lou Bledsoe
June, July, and August dinner outings Charlotte Cafe at 6 p.m.  Second Wednesday of each month.

Audio of the full class is below and pictures. Let me know if you want any edited or removed.
----------------------
Copy and paste link into your browser if the clicks do not work
Click either arrow to start audio (Refresh before trying another). Video starts automatically.
http://donredding.com/audio/20110605-0947-ss-patsy-8281kn-34min.mp3
xxx0
Click on picture above for larger and more
xx6Click here for Trouble Shootingxxx5
Please let me know if any thing needs to be removed. thanks don
xxx6