Lee Dukes

Subject: sad news...
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:39:23 EDT
From: Reatha
Dear Ownbey Family,Just got a call from Sylvia (Dukes) Elwyn:  Mr. (Lee) Dukes died yest'y... at age 91.  Bubba (Lee III) and his wife Minnie were with him.  Apparently it was a heart attack or heart failure.
He HAD gotten to return to his own room c.10 days ago -- family had come down for a little celebration -- after the fall he suffered c.Easter.  He'd been in the Asbury Care part of Aldersgate (formerly The Meth. Home) for that period of time.
Sylvia said that the official obit will appear in Wed's OBSERVER, but a short notice should be in tomorrow's paper.  Visitation will be at Harry & Bryant Funeral Home on Providence on Wed. night.  The memorial service will be Thurs. aft'n at 3:00 w/another visitation following in Jubilee Hall.
I have addresses for Lee III and Elaine, but not Sylvia.  I'll get that and send it later.
(Rev.) Lee and Minnie Dukes xxxxx    Lexington xxxxxxxxx; Elaine and Fred Turner xxxxxxx Raleigh xxxxxxx
I realize that a lot of you "newbies" perhaps didn't know Mr. Dukes -- he was one of my youth group counselors when I was in HS, and he remained a spiritual mentor for me over the years  :-)
Peace, Reatha - Mon - 6pm